MORSØ JERNSTØBERI A/S – MANUFACTURER’S LIMITED WARRANTY
Behind every Morsø stove is 157 years of stove building experience. Quality control is at the heart of the manufacturing process; accordingly, Morsø Jernstøberi A/S (The manufacturer) warrants that all outer body castings on each Morsø stove will be free of material defect for a period of 10-years from the date of original purchase. If a product is proved to contain a defective component, Morsø Jernstøberi A/S will, at its sole discretion authorize repair or replace the defective part at Morsø Jernstøberi A/S’s expense. Morsø Jernstøberi A/S will not be responsible for any associated costs incurred by the owner as a result of loss of use.
The stove must have been purchased from an authorized Morsø Distributor or Dealer. All products or component parts for which a warranty claim is being made must be returned (at the owners cost) to an authorized Morsø distributor or dealer for inspection. If upon inspection, the damage is found to be the fault of the manufacturer, Morsø Jernstøberi A/S will either repair the defective part or replace the defective part free of charge and send it to the authorized Morsø dealer.
This limited 10-year limited warranty covers repair or replacement of defective external body castings ONLY; it does not cover any associated labor or shipping costs.
The 10-year limited warranty registration card must be completed in full and returned to the US Distributor, Morsø US LLC, P.O. Box 7785, Portland, TN 37148 within 2 weeks of purchase. The name of the authorized distributor or dealer must be clearly shown on the warranty card. Alternatively, the warranty registration can be submitted online at www.morsoe.com within two weeks of purchase. Morsø Jernstøberi A/S reserves the right to decline any claim for replacement parts in the event that the warranty registration has not been properly submitted to Morsø.
This 10-year limited warranty is non-transferable and is extended only to, and is solely for the benefit of the original purchaser of the stove. Please retain your dated sales receipt as proof of purchase.
EXCLUSIONS AND LIMITATIONS
This 10-year limited warranty does not cover the following:
1. No warranty is extended to internal consumable parts, such as (but not limited to) baffle plates, baffle assemblies, fire-bars, front grates, grate assemblies, firebricks/vermiculite liners, glass panels, ash cans, and sealing materials such as sealing rope. It is expected that such parts will be exposed to normal wear and tear and will require replacement from time to time.
2. Senotherm painted surfaces or handle components or assemblies.
3. Damage as a result of poor installation and usage other than as described in Morsø´s installation and operation instructions or if the installation does not conform to local building and fire and safety codes.
4. Defects or faults caused by local conditions such as draft problems and chimney defects.
5. Damage caused by over-firing or over-heating (as described in the operation manual). Warping and a red-oxide coloring will demonstrate the over- heating of internal castings; body paint pigment that has turned dusty white is also indicative.
6. Damage caused by the use of the wrong type of fuel.
7. Damage caused by unauthorized modifications, use or repair.
8. Damage incurred while the stove is in transit; this should be claimed against the shipper or freight carrier. Contact the authorized dealer from whom you have purchased your stove. (Do not operate the appliance as this may negate the ability to process the claim with the carrier)
9. Parts supplied by any manufacturer other than Morsø.
10. Costs relating to the removal, repair or re-installation.
11. Morsø stoves modified by the user or any companies other than Morsø are not guaranteed.
Limited 1-year warranty:
• Glass is warranted against thermal shock for 1-year from date of purchase.
• The stove must be installed in precise accordance with the official Morsø instruction manual and local building codes and fire and safety regulations.
• Repaired or replaced products are covered only for the remainder of the original warranty period.
• The blower for the 5660 is warranted against manufactures defect for 1 year from date of purchase.
In no event shall Morsø Jernstøberi A/S be liable for special, incidental or consequential damages, injury to persons or property, or any other consequential loss.
Some States do not allow the disclaimer or limitation of damages so you should consult the laws of your State to determine if this limitation applies to you.
DISCLAIMER OF IMPLIED WARRANTIES
The foregoing express limited warranty is exclusive and in lieu of all other warranties, guarantees, agreements and similar obligations of manufacturer or seller. Morsø Jernstøberi A/S hereby disclaims all warranties implied by state law, including the implied warranties of merchantability and fitness for a particular purpose.
Some States do not allow implied warranties to be disclaimed. In that event, the implied warranties that cannot be disclaimed are hereby limited to the shortest duration allowed by the applicable state law. This warranty gives you specific legal rights, and you may also have other rights by state law, which vary from State to State.
If you believe your Morsø Stove or Insert is defective you should return the defective part/stove at your expense together with the original proof of purchase and stove serial number to the place of purchase. If upon inspection the product is deemed to have a manufacturing defect, an official warranty claim will be processed on your behalf.